Steps To Take Before
Listing Your Home
With spring approaching, it’s a wonderful time to start thinking about getting your home ready for the busy spring market. We often get asked, “What should we do first?” Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are six friendly tips from the specialists at Tina Morris & Co. to help you get started:
- Declutter: Start by decluttering your home to make it look more spacious. You can donate unused items, sell them online, or store them in a storage unit.
- Depersonalize Your Home: As much as you may enjoy looking at your family photos and favorite art, any personalized items can certainly be off-putting to prospective buyers. Seeing personalization in a home can make it difficult for buyers to envision themselves living in the home.
- Deep Clean: A deep clean of your home can make a big difference in how it looks and feels. Make sure to clean all the nooks and crannies, including windows, baseboards, and appliances.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can make your home look more updated and appealing to potential buyers. Choose neutral colors that can appeal to a wide range of tastes.
- Curb Appeal: First impressions matter, so make sure to spruce up your curb appeal. This can include adding a fresh coat of paint to your front door, planting flowers, and cleaning up your yard.
- Find a Good Real Estate Agent: The first and arguably most important step to listing your home is to find a reputable real estate agent. Referrals from trusted sources are usually the best ways to find a good agent. Working with a trusted real estate agent is the key to a smooth and successful transaction.
Prepare your home early and confidently for the spring market boom. Remember, the early bird gets the worm, so starting early will give you the best chance of success. You’ve got this!